The Outreach Training Program (OTP) is designed to help ACS members passionate about science outreach fully maximize Society resources through in-person workshops at regional meetings or a seven-week online course. The online classes start July 9th and continue weekly until August 20th. You can choose to watch the classes “live” or view the recordings at your convenience.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction and History of ACS Outreach
- Event Planning and Fundraising
- Safety in Outreach Settings
- Communicating through Hands-On Activities
- Leading Volunteers
- Marketing and Partnerships
- Monitoring and Sustaining Success
The OTP will build upon the success of ACS’s two public awareness campaigns, National Chemistry Week (NCW) and Chemists Celebrate Earth Week (CCEW). These campaigns reach over 175,000 people annually through local section events and contests and receive over 25 million digital impressions through social media and online publications.