The Marine Sanctuary Foundation’s Capitol Hill Ocean Week 2022 will look back 50 years, and forward to the future of our ocean and Great Lakes. Join them as we Sea: The Future, and say what you envision for the next 50 years of ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes conservation.
Make a short video about why you care about the ocean and what you are doing in your daily life to make a difference, and you might see your video featured during CHOW 2022!
Here are some suggested prompts to get you started:
- How can we make the ocean and Great Lakes conservation movement more just and equitable? What does equitable access to natural resources mean to you?
- What do you hope to see from decision-makers (local government, corporations, nonprofits, etc.) regarding ocean, coastal or Great Lakes conservation?
- Why do you think marine protected areas are important?
- What do you think is the biggest problem facing our ocean, coasts, or Great Lakes? Why? What can we do?
- Is the U.S. doing enough to protect our ocean, coasts, and Great Lakes? What more should we do?