The Science Innovation Pipeline Program (SIPP) at Sacramento City College is a mentoring and summer research program that is designed to provide low income and minority high school students with early hands-on experience to help them develop a clearer understanding of what it is like to study science.
The students who are selected for this program will:
- Get the opportunity to be mentored on interesting chemistry research projects
- Get training on responsible conduct of research and laboratory safety
- Tour government and privately-owned science labs
- Be mentored by current faculty at Sacramento City College
- Present their research findings to other students at SCC
- Receive a $200 cash scholarship at the end of the program
The application is here. Applications has been extended to May 1st.
ACS Sacramento is proud to be one of the sponsors of this program.