Post-Doctoral Position in Environmental Health
Dr. Eunha Hoh’s environmental health research group in the School of Public Health at San Diego State University, California, is seeking one post-doctoral research associate for a two-year appointment, with a possible extension. The appointment will start June 1, 2021 (the start date is flexible). Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the search will be open until a candidate is found.
Our group addresses public health research questions through molecular-level analyses of chemical contaminants and biomarkers. We work across a variety of public and environmental health related fields, including microplastic pollution, environmental tobacco product waste, pollution in the US-Mexico border region, pesticide contamination, bioaccumulative contaminants in marine wildlife, evaluation of wastewater treatment systems, and thirdhand tobacco smoke pollution. For more information, please see https://hoh.sdsu.edu/. We will work with the candidate to select projects that are funded and within their interests. These projects require advanced analytical method development, primarily using targeted and non-targeted mass spectrometry. The laboratory is equipped with LC/MS/MS, LC-Q/TOF, GC×GC-TOF, and GC/MS instrumentation.
The successful candidate will prepare and analyze biological and environmental samples, process mass spectrometry data files, help supervise students, write manuscripts, and present their research findings at national/international meetings.
- Graduation within the last three years with a Ph.D. degree from a recognized institution
- Specialization in analytical chemistry, environmental chemistry, public health, or a related field.
- Research experience in sample collection and contaminant and/or biomarker analysis by mass spectrometry. This includes the design and implementation of complete research projects.
- Specific experience developing new sample preparation methods and/or LC or GC based mass spectrometry methods.
- Operation and maintenance of mass spectrometry instrumentation.
- Working within a team of researchers and with external collaborators.
- Authorship of scientific manuscripts published in the peer-reviewed literature.
The email or cover letter should explain how your qualifications meet the above requirements. Please attach your CV and include the names and contact information for two references. Reference letters are not required.
To apply or for more information, contact Dr. Eunha Hoh at email@example.com with the subject line “Postdoctoral application.”