CA Dept. of Public Health Looking for Analytical Chemist in Contra Costa County
Job Description and Duties: The Research Scientist (RS) III (Chemical Sciences) (RS III (CS)) independently carries out scientific research studies; plans, develops, implements, and validates new analytical methodologies; and adapts/optimizes existing methodologies related to emerging chemical contaminants, in drinking water. The RS III (CS) will select and evaluate analytical techniques, develop new procedures, optimize current processes, and perform complex chemical analyses using analytical instrumentation on routine drinking water samples for regulated and unregulated chemicals and on emergency samples during a natural disaster. The RS III (CS) will communicate effectively with supervisors and other scientific staff and assist lower level scientific personnel in on-going studies, sample analyses, and instrument troubleshooting. The RS III (CS) will compose standard operating procedures, write scientific publications, participate in trainings, and present research results to scientific audiences as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Experience with analytical method development and validation
- Experience with sample analysis using sophisticated analytical techniques (e.g. liquid/gas/ion chromatography) for qualitative and quantitative analysis under quality assurance protocols (experience with environmental samples is a plus)
- Experience with Federal and California drinking water regulations
- Good communication skills
- Highly proficient in verbal and written English
- Ability to demonstrate inclusion and actively support team work/spirit
To apply, click here. Final filling date 1/7/21.