The USDA Commodity Protection and Quality Research Unit, located in Parlier, California, is hiring for a research chemist.
- Conceives, plans, conducts research projects to develop/improve methodologies for agrochemical residue analysis in horticultural commodities.
- Quantifies agrochemical signatures and identifies factors affecting the fate of agrochemical residues in horticultural crops in the field and postharvest.
- Develops innovative treatments and strategies to overcome agrochemical restrictions leading to compliance with residue tolerances.
- Ensures that new treatments comply with environmental, human health, sanitary, and phytosanitary regulations, including local, state, national, and international regulations.
- Transfers knowledge and technology through scholarly publications, patents, and presentations to scientific and industry groups.
Closing 5/25/22. Click here to learn more.