Deadline Extended to October 10, 2015
The Sacramento Section of the American Chemical Society is pleased to announce the second year of a travel grant to support undergraduate and graduate students presenting their work at national and regional meetings.
One of last year’s winners was Hailey Hibbard was the undergraduate winner for 2014. She presented her work at the ACS National Meeting in San Francisco.
Two awards will be given in the amount of $250 each (one to a graduate student and one to an undergraduate). These awards are sponsored by the ACS Sacramento Local Section. Checks will be handed out on site at the Western Regional Meeting at CSU San Carlos. You must be present to receive your award.
- Must be currently enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student.
- Must have submitted an abstract AND been accepted to present at the ACS Western Regional Meeting (WRM).
- Must be a current ACS member OR an active member of a chemistry club.
- Must be within the Sacramento Local Section (http://webapps.acs.org/lslookup/) region.
- Open this form in Adobe Acrobat Reader, complete it, and save it in .pdf format.
- Include the three required additional materials* listed below.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com (Subject: ACS Travel Grant – Fall 2015) with all attachments in .pdf format.
- Current CV or resume
- Letter of recommendation from your advisor/principal investigator
- Submitted abstract
- Login to acs.org and click “2015 Western Regional Meeting”. Next, login and click “View Abstract”. Save/export your submitted abstract as a .pdf and attach it in your completed application e-mail.