Get ready for the COVID-19 Virtual STEM Fair!
It’s an online science fair designed to counteract the lack of academic activities during the global pandemic.
Click here to learn more about project requirements
Participants are encouraged to further their knowledge in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) through project based learning. Any student that resides within Sacramento or Yolo County and is in grades 6 – 12 can enter.
- Submissions begin on June 10, 2020 and are due by 11:59 pm on August 10th, 2020
- Winners will be announced August 22th, 2020
There are two different grade categories.
High School Level (grades 9 – 12)
- 1st Place – $500
- 2nd Place – $300
- 3rd Place – $100
Middle School Level (grades 6 – 8)
- 1st Place – $400
- 2nd Place – $250
- 3rd place – $100
All honorable mentions and winners will receive certificates of participation.
All entries will be featured on the COVID-19 Virtual STEM Fair website.
All projects must be the original work of the student.
The content must be appropriate in an academic setting. The COVID-19 Virtual STEM Fair reserves the right to reject any inappropriate submissions.
- Report: A well written report that recaps your project.
- Diagram: A visual representation of the physical model or experiment.
- Video Presentation: A 2 – 5 minute video presenting the students research.