The California Dept. of Food and Agriculture is looking for a Senior Environmental Scientist. Click here for more information.
This position is responsible for supporting all Center for Analytical Chemistry (CAC) Laboratories with analytical method modification, development and validation, process improvement, and with data processing. This position performs complex analysis of investigative/environmental samples, ground water monitoring samples, formulated pesticide products, commercial fertilizer samples, and food samples.
• Perform complex and non-routine analysis of environmental, investigative, ground water monitoring, pesticide formulated products, commercial fertilizer samples, and food samples using non-standardized methodologies utilizing various instrumental techniques: GC/GCMS, LC/LCMS, IC, ICP/ICPMS, AA, and FIA.
• Perform conformational analyses of metals in pesticide investigative samples to provide accurate and reliable data to various local, state, and federal agencies in their legislative tasks.
• Conduct research on hazards related to the impact of pesticides in the environment and in the food supply; review pertinent laws and regulations in support of regulatory and enforcement agencies’ task in developing sound public policies in pollution prevention strategies.
• Communicate orally, electronically, and in writing with managers and project/study leaders on the status of sample analyses to ensure contract compliance, and meeting clients’ needs in a timely manner.
• Review data for accuracy and compile analytical results to generate formal summary reports for management and clients.
• Provide consultative technical assistance to governmental agencies during food and environmental emergency events.
• Develop, modify, and transfer analytical methods or technologies onto new instrumentation to improve data accuracy and system efficiency.
• Independently research and explore new technology and instrumentation for program to remain technically current in the field of chemical analysis.