Gain management and leadership skills by applying for a 2016 ACS Student Leadership award! The award covers travel, accommodation, and registration expenses for the 2016 ACS Leadership Institute to be held January 2016, in Dallas, TX at the Dallas InterContinental Hotel. Visit the ACS Leadership Institute page to find out more and learn answers to frequently asked questions.
Participation is limited to 15 undergraduate ACS student members.
Students selected for the award will have the unique privilege of learning new leadership skills and the opportunity to network with local section and division leaders, national committee chairs, and younger chemists.
To be considered for an award, you must:
- have completed one or more years towards an undergraduate degree in the chemical sciences, but NOT graduating in 2016
- be a paid ACS student member
- currently hold or have held an office in an active ACS student chapter*
How to apply?
To apply, please provide the following no later than October 19, 2015:
- Cover Letter (no more than two pages) describing:
(a) your past and present leadership roles
(b) skills you have obtained in those roles
(c) leadership skills you would like to develop
Your cover letter should also address this 3-part question:
– Identify the challenges in your chapter and describe how ACS leadership training could help with addressing these challenges.
– What solutions do you have?
– How will the ACS Leadership Institute help with this?
- Résumé (please specify your leadership experiences)
- Letter of reference from a faculty advisor who can speak to your plans to strengthen your ACS student chapter